Saturday, December 5, 2015

Episode 309 Review

Well Episode 309 is in the running for worst show of the year. I think the segments were too choppy and not strung together. Also, I feel it just lacked creativity, and some attention to detail would have helped. Overall, there needed to be a highlight of the show. Normally this is "The Classroom" or some other large segment, but there was no highlight of this show. I'm sure everyone thinks their segment is the best, but the show should build up to a major highlight. Instead this show was a lot of mini-segments.

Finish the Lyrics was a good and creative segment. It was entertaining and a good way to start the show. One minor detail that was missed however was the title of the song, it was not listed in the segment. Otherwise, the segment was a very fresh idea. The only other strong point to me was the hosts. They were interesting and clever, and were a strong transition between segments.

Now for the cons in the show. As I mentioned before, the show lacked pop and creativity. "Snapchat of the Week" was necessary, but not new. Mobile ID was nothing new. The basketball ad was a good idea, but was a bit too long. The Beacon ad was needed to advertise for the Beacon, but it had no creativity. Voicing over a movie scene does not show any talent on our part. And I understand people spend time on creating it, but "The Tutor" needs some major changes or just needs to go. I haven't talked to one person who likes "The Tutor." It is always too long. It is not consistent, they changed the tutor without any explanation. There is either very choppy "in and out" background music, or there is not background music. Also, the filming focuses too long on one shot. "The Classroom" does a much better job cutting between scenes.

I did not actively contribute to this show, as I was working on an ongoing project for multiple "Trick Shot" segments.

No comments:

Post a Comment