Saturday, November 21, 2015

Episode 308 Review

I feel Episode 308 went very well because of the transitions. I really felt the time between segments was smooth. Starting off with the Novembeard segment was a very good way to start off the show. The interview portion lasted a bit long, but having pictures of beards with background music was great. It was very easy to maintain interest in the segment. The Lake Shore Drive transition after that was the best part of the show in my opinion. It was quick, cool to see, and served as a perfect transition between segments. After that, the segments I think were especially well done were: Damien Drake, sports, The Classroom, and the She Kills Monsters ad. I especially liked the She Kills Monsters Ad, it felt like a real TV show for a second. It's unfortunate our class didn't even do it. And as always for sports, the visuals were great, making it a very good segment.

I agree with the class' negative feedback on the hosts. All the slapping and throwing the soccer ball at Jennifer's head was completely unnecessary, and we're lucky for not getting in trouble for it. Also, a swear word had to be edited out. The hosts obviously need to be funny and entertaining, but also professional, and they were not in this past episode. As for First World Problems, I'm stuck in between on my opinion. I was not offended by it, and I do understand the concept behind it. However, I definitely understand the negative feedback behind it. It is an issue to draw comparisons between our lives and third world lives. In the segment, it perceives a Whitney Young student to be "better" than a poor third world person. The bigger issue however, is that it did not bring attention to a specific cause. It brings attention to the fact that there are bigger problems than first world problems, but it needs to benefit something. The segment does not give back to any organization, so it is just comparing a first world life vs. a third world life, which is why it's offensive.

My role was completing the credits. I also made a cameo in Damien Drake.

No comments:

Post a Comment